Sunday, December 5, 2010

Slow in Speech and Tongue

"...Lord, I am not very eloquent, either in the past or since You have spoken to Your servant, but I am slow in speech and tongue." (Exodus 4:10)

I can't tell you how often I have felt the way Moses did in that moment! The Lord has called me to be a teacher, but anyone who knows me in person knows that I am not the most talkative and eloquent speaker in the world. For awhile I wondered why the Lord would make me so weak in the area He said He would use me in. Now I know... :)

He told me that He is not looking for someone of eloquence or of necessarily great talent - He is looking for someone who is willing and obedient. He told me to be obedient and follow Him; to trust Him. Yes, I am weak and on my own can accomplish nothing. However, through Him, I can do anything He calls me to do. If I abide in Him, He will speak through me and it will not be me speaking, it will be Him! His strength is made perfect in my weakness.

If I was strong on my own might, I might not acknowledge the need for His strength and therefore fall to pride and end up accomplishing nothing. Now I realize the blessing in having weaknesses. He is so good!


"Who has made man's mouth? ...I will be your mouth and teach you what you shall speak." ~ Exodus 4:12

2 comments:

emii said...

I read this for the first time in years last night -- what a God-thing! I'm not exactly sure what God is calling me to be -- but I know now that it doesn't matter about my weeknesses, because He will be helping me, He will be with me!
Fabulous post, Zoe!:)

Zoe said...

Thank you! :) I am glad it was an encouragement to you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive